How do I take care of my pool during the rainy season?
The rainy season can bring a lot of challenges and extra maintenance for pool owners. Here are some tips on how to take care of your pool during the rainy season…
1. Check and clean your pool before and after the rain. Debris such as leaves, dirt, and branches can accumulate in your pool during the rainy season. Make sure to remove them before they sink to the bottom and cause additional cleaning problems.
2. Adjust your pool chemicals. Heavy rainfall can dilute the chemicals in your pool, affecting the pH balance and chlorine levels. Test your pool water regularly and adjust the chemicals as needed.
3. Run your pool pump longer. During the rainy season, it is recommended to run your pool pump for longer periods to keep the water circulating and prevent algae growth.
4. Use a pool cover. A pool cover can help prevent debris from entering your pool and reduce the amount of water that needs to be treated with chemicals.
5. Check your pool equipment. Heavy rain can damage your pool equipment such as the pump, filter, and heater. Make sure to inspect and maintain them regularly to prevent any potential damage.
By following these tips, you can keep your pool clean and well-maintained during the rainy season. Remember to always prioritise safety and consult a professional if you have any concerns.