This is not an easy decision. When to replace or when to renovate a swimming pool depends on several factors, which we will briefly explore with you. Wherever you are in the process, there is always a lot to be said for good pool maintenance in the long haul. If you don’t neglect that and make necessary repairs along the way, you will be able to upgrade your pool successfully.
Renovate Your Swimming Pool
Before you give up on your old pool, or you think there is still hope for it, here are some considerations that need to be weighed in. Be aware that a simple upgrade in a key area of a well-maintained older pool could be all you need to bring it back to life.
Functional Renovation Checklist:
- Replastering – a good chance to repair cracks and leaks.
- Waterline tile replacement – worn-out grouting and broken tiles are an eyesore.
- Upgrade from plaster – you might like to revamp with pool tiles or an aggregate surface.
- Update old plumbing – this swimming pool renovation has saved on costs.
Aesthetic Renovation Checklist:
- Size & Shape – well-kept pools lend themselves to clever cosmetic alterations.
- Add a Deck – this feature enhances the pool and provides new entertainment space.
- Add Features – a slide, a water feature, or a tanning ledge can be the change you need.
- Clever distraction – create new landscaping, or fashion a beach entry to your pool.
If none of the above swimming pool renovation ideas will make a difference, and the pool is genuinely giving trouble and getting beyond repair, you would have to look at replacing it.
Replace a Swimming Pool
There are new options available in pools since your old pool was installed. Replacing a pool can be both simple and complicated depending on your preferences and budget. Companies that install new kinds of pools are often happy to include the cost of removing an old pool and modify the space for their replacement models.
- PVC Vinyl
- Galvanised steel
- Polyurethane foam
To be sure, the decision to renovate your swimming pool can provide you with wonderful opportunities to improve, upgrade and update your prize feature. In addition to the checklist above, you could add a spa, or a grand set of steps, or a water pub.
Connect with us at Pool Spa and we can help you with the costs of the options you’re looking at. Visit our website anytime for inspiration.