The best way to relax after a long stressful day is by enjoying the peace and tranquillity of your garden. Make your garden your safe haven even if that means that you need to give it a little bit of a makeover. Before starting the “spruce” up phase of your garden, find out about the latest trends for water feature and garden fountain design ideas. Either of these options can add a level of sophistication to your home.
Some people may believe that having a water feature in homes is obnoxious. In some cases, if you do not do it in a tasteful way, it can be. Which is why it is important to understand which designs for both water features and garden fountains are currently on trend. Here are 5 ideas that you should consider if you want to make a splash with your outside areas:
- Three tier outdoor fountain: this is a great addition to a smaller cosier patio which is surrounded by foliage. You can transport your home into an Italian countryside by simply adding this water feature. Choose rustic colours and marble to really give it a sophisticated edge.
- A beautiful backdrop: if you already have an old classic fountain situated in your garden than it may need some TLC. You can achieve this by using mosaic and bright colours for its backdrop. It is the perfect addition to a small semi-circular fountain.
- Asian influence: water features are influenced by a number of different cultures. If you need some Zen in your life than a concrete Asian inspired fountain is ideal for you. Use it in a stone lined area and let the soothing sounds of the water flow through you as you sit out on your patio at night.
- Table top fountain: a new trend that is taking over is having smaller water features placed around the home. One of the most popular designs is that of the table top fountain that is full of character. These table top fountains are small and quaint and can fit perfectly onto any size table, indoors or out. It is a great conversation starter at the next party you host.
- Classic statue: although it is a classic, this type of fountain is still extremely popular. Whether you are looking for a Greek or Victorian style statue it can certainly add that extra level of sophistication to your home. This fountain should be placed in an area that is highly visible. It will be the showstopper as people walk around your home, while providing you with beautiful sounds of the trickling water.
Finding the perfect water feature is only a step away
No matter what type of style you are going for you are bound to find a solution that works for you. It is important to take into consideration the area that you are working with. Once you know the dimensions as well as how close the water line is, you will be able to go shopping and find the perfect water feature for your garden.
Pool Spa & Filtration can provide you with advice on what type of water feature is suitable for your garden. For more information on the services and products we have on offer visit our website www.poolspa.co.za.